Augmented Reality Framework for Distributed CollaborationThis project aims on developing a flexible and powerful VR/AR framework build around on an off the shelf game engine (Unity3D). It offers rapid prototyping to create distributed and collaborative virtual and augmented reality applications. Its flexible design allows the rapid integration of new hardware, software features as well as 3D interaction techniques. It can be used in fully immersive setups with 6DOF interaction devices and HMDs, semi-immersive enviroments with stereo projector walls, desktop setups as well as mobile environments. ARTiFiCe is currently used for our research and teaching purposes at Vienna University of Technlogy.
- Mobile Devices (Android/iOS)
- Microsoft Kinect
- Razer Hydra
- SpaceNavigator [Details]
- iotracker (6DOF target, full body motion capturing) [Details]
- ARToolkit+ Marker
- Integration of SonyMove is in progress, see SonyMove API.
Annette Mossel, Christian Schönauer, Georg Gerstweiler, Emanuel Vonach (Vienna UT IMS)
Project Time: 2010 - today
Links: Project Homepage
Related Talks & Publications:
- MOSSEL, A., SCHOENAUER C., GERSTWEILER G., KAUFMANN, H. (to appear 2012), ARTiFICe – An Augmented Reality Framework for Distributed Collaboration, in International Journal of Virtual Reality [download]
- 04 / 2012, "ARTiFICe - Distributed Interaction with Kinect and Mobile in an AR Environment", IGDA Unity3D, Vienna, Austria
- 03/ 2012, "ARTiFICe – An Augmented Reality Framework for Distributed Collaboration", IEEE Workshop on Off The Shelf Virtual Reality, IEEE Virtual Reality 2012, Orange County, USA